Are you ready to explore new challenges?
At Marriott we can make it happen – with opportunities for building new skills, co-workers who share your enthusiasm and clear career paths that offer experience for growth and promotion. Whether you are a seasoned hospitality professional or just beginning to plan your career, we invite you to discover Marriott.
The Cleveland Airport Marriott, located in Cleveland, OH is currently hiring for a DIRECTOR – FINANCE & ACCOUNTING.
Functions as the property's strategic financial business leader. The position champions, develops and implements property-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand's target customer and property employees. The position provides the financial expertise to enable the successful implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives while maximizing the return on investment. In addition, creates and executes a business plan that is aligned with the property and brand's business strategy and focuses on the execution of financial and accounting activities and the delivery of desirable financial results.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Engaging in Strategic Planning and Decision Making
• Develops means to improve profit, including estimating cost and benefit, exploring new business opportunities, etc.
• Analyzes information, forecasts sales against expenses and creates annual budget plans.
• Compiles information, analyzes and monitors actual sales against projected sales.
• Analyzes differences between actual budget wages and forecasted wages for more efficient budget planning.
• Identifies the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
• Thinks creatively and practically to develop, execute and implement new business plans
• Creates the annual operating budget for the property.
• Provides analytical support during budget reviews to identify cost saving and productivity opportunities for property managers.
• Implements a system of appropriate controls to manage business risks.
• Ensures a strong accounting and operational control environment to safeguard assets, improve operations and profitability.
• Analyzes financial data and market trends.
• Leads the development and implementation of a comprehensive annual business plan which is aligned with the company's and brand's strategic direction.
• Provides on going analytical support by monitoring the operating department's actual and projected sales.
• Produces accurate forecasts that enable operations to react to changes in the business.
Leading Finance & Accounting Teams
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Communicates the strategic goals, the focus and the owner priorities to subordinates in a clear and precise manner.
• Leverages strong functional leadership and communication skills to influence the executive team, the property's strategies and to lead own team.
• Oversees internal, external and regulatory audit processes.
• Provides excellent leadership by assigning team members and other departments managers' clear accountability backed by appropriate authority.
• Conducts annual performance appraisals with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
Anticipating and Delivering on the Needs of Key Stakeholders
• Attends meetings and communicating with the owners, understanding the priorities and strategic focus.
• Understands and meets the needs of key stakeholders (owners, corporate, guests, etc.).
• Advises the GM and executive committee on existing and evolving operating/financial issues.
• Communicates financial concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand and drives desired behaviors.
• Demonstrates an understanding of cash flow and owner priorities.
• Manages communication with owners in an effective manner.
• Manages property working capital and cash flow in accordance with brand SOPs and owner requirements.
• Facilitates critique meetings to review information with management team.
Developing and Maintaining Finance and Accounting Goals
• Ensures Profits and Losses are documented accurately.
• Monitors all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current, collected and/or accrued.
• Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
• Develops and supports achievement of performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Improves profit growth in operating departments.
• Reviews audit issues to ensure accuracy.
Managing Projects and Policies
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
• Reconciles balance sheet to ensure account balances are supported by appropriate documentation in accordance with SOPs.
• Ensures that the P&L is accurate (e.g., costs are properly matched to revenue, costs are recorded in the proper accounts).
• Ensures compliance with management contract and reporting requirements.
• Ensures compliance with standard and local operating procedures (SOPs and LSOPs).
• Ensures compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Ensures team members are cross-trained to support successful daily operations.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
• Ensures new hires participate in the department's orientation program.
• Ensures new hires receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Creates appropriate development plans which develop team members based on their individual strengths, development needs, career aspirations and abilities.
• Conduct performance review process for employees.
• Participates in hiring activities as appropriate.
Education and Experience
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; 2 years experience in the finance and accounting or related professional area.
• Master's degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; no work experience required.
Begin your journey: www.marriott.com/careers
To apply for this job, please go to www.marriott.com/careers and click on the "Apply Now" (in the lower, right-hand corner). Under the heading on the left-hand side, "Search for available positions", click on "Management Positions Worldwide and Non-Management Positions in the United States and Canada". Then enter Job Opening number “1200069X" and click on the “Search for Jobs” button. If you are interested in applying, you will need to register on the site and create a "User Name" and “Password”. Applications are available in French and Spanish.
Marriott is consistently recognized as an employer of choice by Working Mother, DiversityInc., and LatinaStyle magazine among others. FORTUNE magazine recognized Marriott as one of its “100 Best Companies to Work For”, for the twelfth consecutive year.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.