With more than 300 managed properties worldwide (including conference centers) our flagship brand, Marriott Hotels & Resorts celebrates the drive, focus, and resilience of our guests while focusing on exceptional service and genuine comfort. As part of the Marriott Hotels & Resorts team, you'll work to make the most of the travel experience of each and every guests. Find Your World™ at Marriott Hotels & Resorts.
As a member of the Project Eclipse – Reporting Track team, the Reporting Business Analyst will assist in the design and configuration of the Oracle Hyperion Essbase application and the design of associated reports. He/she will assist in the efforts to rationalize existing reports, identify and document future-state reporting requirements to be delivered via the Essbase application, and participate in a proof of concept (POC) to determine the best method to deliver constant-currency reporting in the future-state reporting solution. The Reporting Business Analyst will also assist the Essbase Lead in the design and configuration of the Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management (FDM) tool, including assistance in the design and configuration of the various data flows into Essbase from financial data sources such as PeopleSoft Financials and EPM. In addition, he/she will assist in the test planning, test preparation and test execution activities during the Reporting System Test. In this role, he/she will help identify and document test conditions, produce and review test scripts, execute test scripts, document errors found during test, and assist in error resolution.
Project Eclipse is another step in fulfilling Marriott’s vision of a single financial ERP platform and includes the replacement of the general ledger system, introduction of new reporting tools and a single accounting calendar. The project will allow Marriott to streamline its transactional environment by reducing the number of general ledger instances used to record financial transactions from four to two. It will also enable a reduction in the number of Hyperion Enterprise instances from four to one and the introduction of reporting tools that are aligned with the strategic direction of our software partner, Oracle, while continuing to leverage work done in earlier Finance transformation projects. In addition the project will transition the entire company to a 12-month calendar with a fiscal year end of December 31st. Project Eclipse will be implemented in 2013-2014 in two phases.
• Assist in the report rationalization and proof of concept activities identified as pre-work to the Project Reporting Track
• Produce, help produce, and/or review general and detail design specifications regarding the configuration of the Essbase application, and configuration of Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management (FDM) tool.
• Produce, help produce, and/or review general and detail design specifications for reports to be developed in Hyperion reporting tools including Hyperion Financial Reports and Smartview
• Assist in configuration activities in FDM
• Provide in-depth hotel operations property and above property reporting knowledge in support of new report build activities
• Participation and support of all Reporting System Test activities, including identification and documentation of system test conditions, documentation and review of test scripts, test script execution; error identification, documentation and resolution.
• Three or more years experience in financial reporting in multicurrency environments
• Lodging/hospitality industry experience preferred
Education or Certification
• Baccalaureate degree in Accounting, Finance or Information Systems or related work experience.
Attributes, Knowledge & Skills
• Proficiency with Marriott PeopleSoft Financials and/or EPM.
• Knowledge of current property and above property management reports for CFRST and Full Service lodging operations.
• Knowledge of data/information management.
• Knowledge of global accounting and finance reporting processes and systems.
• Proficiency with OBIEE, Essbase, FDM and/or Hyperion Financial Reports a plus.
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint applications.
• Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing; listens to others and effectively comprehends information.
• Able to identify, clarify, and resolve issues and risks related to project activities, escalating them as needed.
• Able to review project deliverables for completeness, quality, and compliance with established project standards.
• Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills.
• Able to grasp complex data relationships and information logic.
• Fosters relationships and a positive climate to build effective teams that are committed to organizational goals and initiatives.
• Strong service orientation.
• Able to manage multiple work activities concurrently with minimal supervision; applies past experiences to identify alternative solutions for current problems, able to understand and adjust to changing priorities, circumstances, direction, and personal styles.
• Active learner -- able to enhance personal, professional and business growth through new knowledge and experiences; pushes the organization to learn from other industries’ standards and practices.
• Trustworthy with strong business integrity and ability to hold sensitive information in confidence.
To apply for this job, please go to www.marriott.com/careers and click on the "Apply Now" (in the lower, right-hand corner). Under the heading on the left-hand side, "Search for available positions", click on "Management Positions Worldwide and Non-Management Positions in the United States and Canada". Then, enter Job Opening Number “120003ZR" and click on the "Search for Jobs" button. Click on the job listed and then click the "Apply Online" button. If you are interested in applying, you will need to register on the site and create a "User Name" and “Password”.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture